CBD for endo is used by women all over the world to help manage the pain and inflammation they have due to the condition.
Endometriosis, or Endo, has been in the news recently. It is another one of those things that seem to be a taboo, even though it affects 1 in 10 women here in the UK. However, with the recent publicity of the condition, hopefully, it will help people get diagnosed and no longer suffer in silence.
As we know, endometriosis can really interfere with daily life. It can cause you to have to call in sick to work or miss social events with friends. However, there could be some helpful remedies.
In this blog, we are going to talk about CBD for endo flare ups.
How is endo treated?
There are three main ways that the condition is managed. Unfortunately, there is no known treatment for the condition, as stated here. However, these 3 methods can help you to manage the pain and symptoms.
- Painkillers – Over the counter pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs can help to ease the pain during an endo flare-up.
- Hormone treatment – Some hormone treatments help to manage the condition by regulating and controlling your period. However, if hormones make you feel crazy, then this isn’t always an option.
- Surgery – Surgery can remove some of the endometrial tissue which may provide relief for a while. However, there is a very high chance that it will return and more surgery will be needed. The other option is to have a hysterectomy to remove the ovaries, however, this would usually be a final option.
- Alternative therapies – These include things such as acupuncture and CBD for endo. One reason they are often chosen is due to their natural approach with no side effects.
CBD for endo flare ups – what is CBD?
CBD is a cannabinoid that is found in the cannabis plant. Despite its connection with cannabis, it will not get you ‘high’. Instead, you will enjoy therapeutic benefits along with all important anti-inflammatory properties.
This cannabinoid is extracted from the plant and made into an oil. This oil can be ingested via a dropper under the tongue.
Could CBD help my endo flare up?
If each month you suffer from chronically painful periods then you are not alone. Worldwide there are 176 million endometriosis sufferers.
Endometriosis flare ups are caused when the cells lining of the womb grow in other parts of the body. These include liver, ovaries, lungs, and bladder. When the cells shred and bleed it has nowhere to go and causes pain and inflammation. This lady had her endo mistaken for appendicitis, which gives you an understanding of how painful an endo flare up can be!
Here are a few ways CBD may help
- Anti inflammatory properties – CBD is widely used for its potential help with reducing inflammation, without the use of blood-thinning NSAIDs
- Pain management – The cannabinoid has been looked into for the way in which it may help to manage the pain you are suffering from. It is thought to do this by desensitising pain receptors.
Currently, there isn’t much research into endometriosis and CBD specifically, however, there is on CBD and inflammation and pain, which are symptoms of the condition.
Many women have said that CBD has been an important part of pain management during an endo flare up. They say that they now swear by CBD for endo.
Which CBD should I buy?
There are a few types of CBD products on the market.
You have full spectrum which contains CBD and terpenes, plus trace amounts of THC. Then there is broad-spectrum (like Our Remedy) which contains CBD and terpenes and CBD isolate which just contains CBD.
Terpenes have their own therapeutic benefits which may help with symptoms of endo. For example, if you suffer from headaches, anxiety and mood swings the added terpenes may give you an added boost.
Our Remedy CBD
Our Remedy CBD is made for women, by women. It is a broad spectrum CBD oil and contains zero THC, so no worries about getting high or the munchies!
For every full priced bottle sold, we donate to the period poverty charity Bloody Good Period.